SATEESH GUDANDGONIVADA
Most of you will know that within the next couple of weeks the man who signed off as “Sartorially Sateesh” will be deported back to India.
Now there has been some wild and unsubstantiated rumours about why he has had to leave and before I start asking for money to help pay for his journey back I would like to dispel some of these (unfortunately I cannot).
It has been suggested that he has been some sort of “Bestshore Spy”. Befriending people in this country so that he can pinch their work and their jobs. A sort of “Trojan Horse” except he’s not made of wood and doesn’t have lots of men inside him (not that I have heard anyway).
I have also heard it said that he failed his “Citizenship Test” due to his answer to the question “name an important city in England”. His answer of “Sunderland” was simply not acceptable.
One of the more wild rumours is that he has been involved in an illicit affair with Shilpa Shetty, but I think that is some confusion with Amit.
But none of these strike true to me . Ithink I have a more plausible explanation.
Here in the North East we like to feel as we are welcoming to everyone wherever they come from.
We have always been fascinated by tales of people growing up in ramshackle houses without food on the table, battling to survive against poverty and violent neighbours. But we soon tired of hearing about how people from South of the Tyne grew up and welcomed with open arms our bretheren from more exotic parts of the Globe.
But there has to be give and take. We provided Sateesh with our wonderful weather, witty repartee, sophisticated culture and Bob. Sateesh ate all the cakes.
Of course I jest so get your hands in your pockets and help support me in sending the suavest, most sophisticated “bon vivant” that PFIT has ever had.
Most of you will know that within the next couple of weeks the man who signed off as “Sartorially Sateesh” will be deported back to India.
Now there has been some wild and unsubstantiated rumours about why he has had to leave and before I start asking for money to help pay for his journey back I would like to dispel some of these (unfortunately I cannot).
It has been suggested that he has been some sort of “Bestshore Spy”. Befriending people in this country so that he can pinch their work and their jobs. A sort of “Trojan Horse” except he’s not made of wood and doesn’t have lots of men inside him (not that I have heard anyway).
I have also heard it said that he failed his “Citizenship Test” due to his answer to the question “name an important city in England”. His answer of “Sunderland” was simply not acceptable.
One of the more wild rumours is that he has been involved in an illicit affair with Shilpa Shetty, but I think that is some confusion with Amit.
But none of these strike true to me . Ithink I have a more plausible explanation.
Here in the North East we like to feel as we are welcoming to everyone wherever they come from.
We have always been fascinated by tales of people growing up in ramshackle houses without food on the table, battling to survive against poverty and violent neighbours. But we soon tired of hearing about how people from South of the Tyne grew up and welcomed with open arms our bretheren from more exotic parts of the Globe.
But there has to be give and take. We provided Sateesh with our wonderful weather, witty repartee, sophisticated culture and Bob. Sateesh ate all the cakes.
Of course I jest so get your hands in your pockets and help support me in sending the suavest, most sophisticated “bon vivant” that PFIT has ever had.
No comments:
Post a Comment